October 25, 2014

My first thrift store haul





2 blog posts in 3 days?! Yeah, I know, it is definitely not me.
But since I had some free time I decided to share with you my amazing news (if we can call it that)
So as you already know I moved to Budapest so I'm kinda on my own now, and since I don't have job yet I had to find a way to reduce my shopping to minimum.

If you live in Budapest or maybe you've been here once, you (might) have noticed that this city is full of thrift stores. Of course I couldn't just pass them by. I've been thinking of trying out thrift shopping for a while now, so that was a perfect opportunity for me.

Yesterday my friends took me to a thrift store that is a bit different, coz the prices are not for a piece, but for a kilo of clothes/shoes/accessories. And I must say, I AM SO IN LOVE with thrift shopping. You never know what will you find and the best part is that most of the things are either new or in excellent condition.

So here is what I've got:



 Charles Tyrwhitt shirt. Original price around 50 Euro/15,000 HUF on sale via Charles Tyrwhitt



Monki shorts. Original price around 30 Euro/9,000 HUF via Monki



H&M sweater dress. Original price 20 Euro/6,000 HUF via H&M



Karl Lagerfeld for H&M sweater. Sold for 70 Euro/22,000 HUF via Vestiaire Collective



Jane Norman dress. Original price around 60 Euro/19,000 HUF via Jane Norman



Primark jacket. Original price around 25 Euro/8,000 HUF via Primark




Glam by Caprice dress. Original price around 150 Euro/47,000 HUF via  Ebay



Armani Jeans velvet jeans. Original price around 217 Euro/67,000 HUF via Armani

 If we sum up the original prices that would make 622 Euro / 192,000 HUF 
and I got all of them for only 30 Euro / 9,500 HUF
Can you imagine that?! Now that I actually calculated everything I can't believe it myself.
Because I never thought I would find something expensive. And of course, needless to say my favorite item is AJ jeans. I just love them! 
So of course after these amazing finds I will definitely continue thrift shopping, the only thing is that now that there are quite some clothes coming in my closet, I have to make some space for them.

What do you guys think about thrift shopping? Have you ever did it? Do you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...